Get it while it’s available.
Get it while it’s available.
So you might or might not have heard about some of the latest tunes I shared on SoundCloud. If you don’t have, here is one of the latest mashups, this time made entirely from different tracks by the same artist. Would love to do some more of these.
If you already know this one, there is no reason not to give it another spin, right?
Gave the latest Hybrid single a good spin, and look where it landed – combined with Way Out West’s “Only Love” this makes for the perfect tune of a summer yet to come. Received some great feeback already.
In other news, I did another episode of Dirty Beats Done Dirt Cheap. It’s an 80 minute trip of tech funk and breaks and the first episode that really deserves the Dirty Beats tag in my opinion. This one was an exclusive set for Kick 106 – expect more of these in the future.
Last but not least, I broke the 1,000 downloads barrier on SoundCloud. Thanks to everybody who helped raising that number!
Totally forgot to post this here… of course March was no exception from the Monthly Mashup schedule. This time we have Infusion and Gui Boratto, mashed into a tasteful dish which was hinted in my Dirty Beats DJ set before.
Gui Boratto’s “Take My Breath Away” really is one versatile monster – you can throw almost any track at it and it will still sound awesome. At first, I wanted to combine it with the vocals from Hybrid’s “Formula Of Fear”, but Rektchordz got the nod instead, and you all know how that turned out. So instead, I decided for Infusion’s “Dogtown (D-Nox & Beckers remix)” and never looked back since.
The friendly digital people at Soundcloud are now hosting two more tracks I did recently for you all to check out.
Got some great feedback to it so far and received more plays in only a week than most other mashups I did in total. Thank you all!
Secondly, I finally did another DJ set, incorporating some of my current favourite tracks, opening with an almost-was mashup.
01. Freeland “Wish I Was Here”/Josel “Dominion (phrakture remix)”
02. Skank Sinatra “Auto (shur i kan remix)”
03. DJ Kira & James Warren “Don’t Ask Me (shiloh remix)”
04. Faithless “Music Matters (feat. Cass Fox) (mark knight remix)”
05. SideSmokers “Sugar Beats (fine taste & mark otten original mix)”
06. Pole Folder “Hollow (robert babicz saturn rings remix)”
07. Shifter & Carvell “A Dark Distance (hybrid remix)”
08. 30Hz “Daddio (feat. Yolanda) (miles dyson remix)”
09. Way Out West “Future Perfect”
10. Infusion “Dogtown (d-nox & beckers remix)”
11. Gui Boratto “Take My Breath Away”
12. Hybrid “The Formula Of Fear (feat. Charlotte James) (armchair mix)”
Don’t know about Freeland and the chaps at Marine Parade, but Phrakture said he likes what I did with his remix. Cheers mate!
Just finished another one of those things were I slap one track over another and get excited by the results.
That’s Josh Gabriel’s “Crosstalk” featuring the vocals from Freeland’s “Under Control”. Having picked up the instrumental promo CD last year, I was able to isolate the vocals using some phase inversion. While this usually doesn’t come with a 100% success rate, I was pretty happy with this one.